Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Making the most out of Monday

I love presidents day, because there was no school and I got to SLEEP IN and my friend Sarah and I decided it would be a good idea to get the kiddos together and let them play.  The kiddos played and then so did we.  While we were out we decided to go to GW and our local Habitat Store.


I got this BEAUT at the Habitat Store for 5 buckeroos which I will be hanging in my my breakfast nook and.....



Ok I was most excited about this, because I do not sew, but my mom does and Sarah's daughter and my daughter and my sister's daughter will be fairy's in a garden themed wedding this summer and my mom of course will be making the dresses.  This pattern first of all was in their size WHICH WAS AMAZING  and it was ONLY 25 cents!!!! (we opened it and it had never been used) I called mom immediatley. I could tell she was swinging from the chandelier! So then Sarah and I went to GW and found NOTHING!!!

Sometimes that happens you know? The kiddos were more than ready for a nap, so we parted ways and I went to Hobby Lobby (screaming kids and all) and found these.....



This wall hanging bird cage for 12 bucks!



Then I headed over to the 80% off section and got these cuties for 3.80 a piece! And the piece to RESISTAAANNSSS....



This Lamp for 14.00 also in the 80% off section it came with all you see, includin' the lightbulbs!!!



Sometimes the Thrift stores aren't the only places you can score a BARGAIN!!! Just wanted to give the shout out to HL's 80% off section incase you need to make the most out of TUESDAY!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all your wonderful finds. Sometimes the hunt is the best part of thrifting. I can't wait to see the fairies at the wedding.

Gina@3ringcottage.blogspot said...

I got my new lamp at Hobby Lobby recently too but for only 50% off. Still, it was a deal! Love that place.

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I literally have no idea how I found you, but I think you're hilarious and you have a new follower! I was scrolling down below and I *love* the birdie chalkboard recipe-holder. Who knew that you could get red chalkboard paint?

Also, thanks for the Cheerios tip in the potty! lol Great one to keep in mind when my son reaches that point!

Simply Stafford said...

I wish I had gone to HL today instead of painting.....lol....guess what I'll be doin' tomorrow???? Give ya a hint, not HL!

Cindy said...

You really scored today, girl. The chandy is so sweet! And the lamp is gorgeous for $14!!! I wish we had a HL here, but sadly we don't. We do have a GW and I talked my hubby into taking me there today while we were out. I found the sweetest little old silver salt and pepper shakers for $1.00 each, I was doing the happy dance, (very quietly, I did not want to embarrass my husband.:))

Rhonda said...

Oh I'm jealous. We don't have Hobby Lobby anywhere in this state or nearby. Great finds girlfriend! :)

Jillian said...

wow - you got some awesome deals! Love your new color scheme. I'm redoing as well and needing ideas, so I'll be checking back in. :)

Linda said...

Wow !! Great finds.Love the birdcage.
Don't you just love Hobby Lobby's reduced section? I have to stay out of there.The house isn't big enough for all I want to bring home,LOL.

Annie said...

I've really enjoyed your blog today! It's a lot like mine - a lot redos in your home & a lot of family - love it!